ETS5 Parameter Dialog
The CoolAutomation device does not provide any additional setup via the ETS5 software beside the Datapoint setup. The final Group Object (GO) is “constructed” based on the following datapoint fields: Indoor CA, Function and Direction. The number of possible GO variations per datapoint is 34.
10 datapoints are combined per page.
This parameter activates the KNX interface. The following options are available:
Indoor ca (Central Address)
Here, the address of the HVAC device is configured. CA format: L. LINE NUMBER range from 1...8 INDOOR ADDRESS range from 0...999
- In the above example the CA value for the tested device is L1.102
This parameter defines the function of this datapoint. The following options are available:
- Room temperature
- HVAC Mode. See table for encoding information.
- HVAC Control Mode Implemented Modes: 0-Auto, 1-Heat, 3-Cool, 9-Fan, 14-Dry
- Fan speed value. See table for encoding information.
- Fan speed step The function takes current fan speed and increases it by one step (regardless of the value received from KNX telegram). If current fan speed is the maximum supported by the related Indoor Unit, the lowest possible fan speed will be taken. For example, if Indoor Unit supports Low, Medium, and High fan speeds Fstep changes the fan speed from Low to Medium, from Medium to High or from High to Low. This function only has one direction — from the KNX device to the KNX Module.
- Fan speed count The function takes all supported fan speeds of the related indoor unit and gives them numbers starting from 1 (one).
- Fan speed scale % The function translates the fan speed encoding in % into HVAC fan speed modes and vice versa according to the table below.
Auto Low Medium High Top 0% 50% 100% 0% 33% 66% 100% 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
- Error Code. See table for encoding information
- Error Presence
The function activates or deactivates (according to datapoint value 1 or 0) the inhibit of the indoor unit ON operation. Upon inhibit activation, the current On/Off status of the indoor unit is stored. The indoor unit is turned OFF after an ±8s delay. The indoor unit is forced OFF, until inhibit deactivation. On inhibit deactivation, the indoor unit is turned ON, if the ON status was previously stored, at inhibit activation. This function is designed to work with the window sensor to prevent HVAC operation while the window is open.
- Louver mode This function and the Louver scale function below may have no effect if the requested louver position is not supported by an indoor unit. Not all indoor units support louver position options listed below or have louver position control at all. Louver control is a capability of the specific indoor unit type. See table for encoding information.
- Louver Scale - The value ranges from 0...FF hexadecimal
Auto Vertical 30 45 60 Horizontal 0x0 0x33 0x66 0x9 0xCC 0xFF
- Cooling On/Off.
The value 0x1 turns on Cooling mode. If it gets 0x0, it sets the A/C to Fan Mode at minimal speed
- Heating On/Off.
The value 0x1 turns on Heating mode. If it gets 0x0, it sets the A/C to Fan Mode at minimal speed.
- Fan Auto On/Off.
The value 0x1 turns on Fan mode with Fan Auto speed. If it gets 0x0, it sets the A/C to Fan Mode at minimal speed.
The KNX specific communication direction is defined here:
- In (from bus) Datapoints with this direction support ‘Communicate’ and ‘Write’ configuration flags only.
- Out (to bus) Datapoints with this direction support ‘Communicate’, ‘Read’ and ‘Transmit’ configuration flags only.
All available GOs in datapoint1 are represented on the following table:
|1||On/Off||In (from bus)||1.1 Switch||1 bit|
|2||Out (to bus)|
|3||Setpoint||In (from bus)||9.1 Temperature C||2 bytes|
|4||Out (to bus)|
|5||Room temperature||In (from bus)||9.1 Temperature C||2 bytes|
|6||Out (to bus)|
|7||Cool/Heat||In (from bus)||1.100 Heat/cool||1 bit|
|8||Out (to bus)|
|9||HVAC Mode||In (from bus)||HVACOperMode Non-standard DPT||1 byte|
|10||Out (to bus)|
|11||HVAC Control Mode||In (from bus)||20.105 HVACContrlMode||1 byte|
|12||Out (to bus)|
|13||Fan speed value||In (from bus)||HVACFanMode Non-standard DPT||1 byte|
|14||Out (to bus)|
|15||Fan speed step||In (from bus)||1.7 Step||1 bit|
|16||Fan speed count||In (from bus)||5.1 Scaling||1 byte|
|17||Out (to bus)|
|18||Fan speed scale %||In (from bus)||5.1 Scaling||1 byte|
|19||Out (to bus)|
|20||Error code||Out (to bus)||ErrorCode (Non-standard DPT)||2 bytes|
|21||Error presence||Out (to bus)||1.5 Alarm||1 bit|
|22||Inhibit||In (from bus)||1.11 Step||1 bit|
|23||Filter||In (from bus)||1.5 Alarm||1bit|
|24||Out (to bus)|
|25||Louver mode||In (from bus)||HVACLouversPosition (Non-standard DPT)||1 byte|
|26||Out (to bus)|
|27||Louver scale||In (from bus)||5.1 Scaling||1 byte|
|28||Out (to bus)|
|29||Cooling On/Off||In (from bus)||1.1 Switch||1 bit|
|30||Out (to bus)|
|31||Heating On/Off||In (from bus)||1.1 Switch||1 bit|
|32||Out (to bus)|
|33||Fan Auto On/Off||In (from bus)||1.1 Switch||1 bit|
|34||Out (to bus)|
To learn more, click here